Well it's the end of our trip...we will be home late tonight. It's been fun and we have done a lot! There is so much to do and I am museum-ed out for a while! Hopefully it won't take me too long to update my blog. We have been in DC, but yesterday we all drove to Philadelphia for the night. We are staying at a really neat hotel called Aloft. . I love staying in neat hotels, and so when this one was as much as the regular ones...I suggested it.



I'm actually laying in bed right now while everyone else explores Philadelphia. Yesterday I started feeling bad and my back was killing me. A little later one thing led to another, and I realized it was my kidney. After talking to an on-call Dr. back in Texas, it seems I have kidney stones...again. Last time my symptoms were a little different and I got them blasted. So I'm not sure how its going to work out this time. My kidney has been hurting non-stop and I hope I can get it figured out fast. I woke up in a lot of pain at 4am, and I don't know if I can take much more than that. I am nervous that I don't have time like I did last time. I don't want to pass a kidney stone! It's going to hurt so bad! I was up for a while tossing and turning...and quietly crying. But I remember thinking 2 silly things. I was really tired and just in a lot of pain. So they are pretty random.
First, my cute SIL Julie is going to have her baby any minute now. People have said kidney stones are worse than childbirth. So I was wondering if it was anything like what she will be feeling. I wish I could get an epidural! Or maybe she is feeling pain like that right then...and I was just having sympathy pain. Ha.
Good luck Julie...we can't wait to see her!
Second...I thought it would be cool to have a button on our body and if someone presses it, they could feel what our pain feels like for like 3 seconds. Mostly so they know I'm not just being a baby and they could feel what I feel! I would have made David press it last night. He looked too comfy! Ha.
Anyways, I am going to try to get a little more sleep. It's been a fun vacation...
First, my cute SIL Julie is going to have her baby any minute now. People have said kidney stones are worse than childbirth. So I was wondering if it was anything like what she will be feeling. I wish I could get an epidural! Or maybe she is feeling pain like that right then...and I was just having sympathy pain. Ha.
Good luck Julie...we can't wait to see her!
Second...I thought it would be cool to have a button on our body and if someone presses it, they could feel what our pain feels like for like 3 seconds. Mostly so they know I'm not just being a baby and they could feel what I feel! I would have made David press it last night. He looked too comfy! Ha.
Anyways, I am going to try to get a little more sleep. It's been a fun vacation...
When I saw on FB that you had kidney stones I remember thinking the same thing! I was wondering if it was the same pain as child birth, but then I realized that I probably wont EVER feel the pain of childbirth because I will also opt for the epidural :) in fact I would take 10 labor/delivery/recovery to 1 pregnancy(as long as I could have an epidural). BTW I am SOOOOOO excited for Tuesday!
ReplyDelete