Pages

11.02.2010

Emily's Room....

I have showed some pictures already and I just posted this on my adoption blog too. 
But here is a current picture and for those of you who haven't asked for an invite....here you go!



I just got done taking some more pictures of the nursery. This is my favorite room in the house. It came together really quick. We started it after we were approved for adoption and wanted to have something ready since we didn't know how long we would be waiting or how much notice we would have. It was a fun project to keep our minds and my free time busy. 

It is pretty much done now so I thought I would share. 

I have a friend who is painting me a picture to hang above her crib. It is based on the Hey Diddle Diddle nursery rhyme. I am very excited to see it.

Also, the birth mom crocheted us a baby blanket and gave it to us today. It is adorable and the newest addition to the room.  It is purple and white with a little bit of pink. So sweet of her! I also have a new ultrasound pic from today to add as well!
 


 
 
A few details-
  • The crib, dresser, table, lamp, rug and frames are all from Ikea.
  • The rocking chair is from Pier One and the pillow and clock are from Target.
  • I got the bookends, blanket, window hardware, crib sheet and Boppy pillow from Ross. 
  • There is so much cute bedding out there, but I thought it might be too busy and it can cost a pretty penny. So I found this Carters soft bumper for like $30. I really like it.
  • The adorable drapes are from my SIL Kristen. 
  • The 3 prints together are from our trip to Boston.
  • The Koala was mine when I was younger. I got it at the LA Zoo. 
  • I obviously made the paper chain, and the frame with the flash cards. I also painted the little tray on the dresser at one of those craft places.
  • David and our friend Ty put up the crown moulding, and the paint is Granite Boulder by Behr.
Starting our diaper and outfit collection...



It is better in person if you ever want to come visit!

9 comments:

  1. very very cute ashley! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh my....I just LOVE IT! so cute!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. so great!!
    I've gotta get on that new print! it will look so good in there! SORRY i'm so tardy!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's perfect! Baby Emily is very lucky to have such a sweet room.
    Also, I have a word of advice in the diaper department. Costco has the best deal for diapers. I buy the Kirkland brand, they work fantastic and are pretty inexpensive.

    ReplyDelete
  5. And their wipes are a good deal as well.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ugh, you make me look really bad. I don't have things put together at all yet. Still looking around. I bet it is such a relief to have it all done. It turned out super cute. I love that pillow from Target, for my own room! haha Nice work.

    And yes, Julie is right (unless you stack coupons from Target) Costco is generally cheaper. I have always loved their diapers. I don't know if they have newborn size though, so it's good you have all those. Oh yeah and that Amazon mom thing I told you about where they ship you packages of diapers for free and they are 30% off, that is a great deal! I found out they wouldn't do that with APO though. Bummer. I am going to miss buying my cheap diapers.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What an adorable room. I love that everything is so cheery and bright! Good work Ashley! It's so fun seeing what people do with their nurserys. Glad you posted pictures!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful room! I haven't checked blogs in forever...I am SOOOO excited for you! You will be a wonderful mother...

    ReplyDelete

My Blog List