Some days I think...
If I were to do it all over again...would I still move to Texas.
Today...and most times I think about it...I think my answer would be no.
It's not like one particular thing happened and I am not in a bad mood or being picked on or anything. Just thinking.
The only reasons why that statement makes me sad...
Friends and family. It has been fun living by family and I have met some people I hope to stay friends with for a long time.
My house. I love it. It is our first house and it is our home.
But it is not like we have plans to leave.
I don't think David particularly likes when I talk about not liking San Antonio. More though when other people bring it up first based on some Facebook or blog comment I made. But I probably should not even be saying any of this. We thought about and prayed about coming here...and we knew it was the right thing to do. And I was excited. (Somewhere along the way the excitement was sucked out of me. I must say, that I have met some of the most mean spirited people I have ever met in my whole life here.) Anyways, I really think one day I will look back and be appreciative of being here...and maybe know why we were to be here.
I would love to start over. Move to a new place with David. Where he has an awesome job and we can explore a new place together. (Or maybe I am just one of those people who likes to run away from problems).
You know. I think that Satan is working hard on my little family of two right now. Making me doubt our prayerful decision to move here, having hate in my heart about some people. I feel like we have been hit with a bunch of obstacles the last couple weeks and they are affecting some of the good and righteous goals we are working on right now. Just bad timing. But I need to make sure he knows that he will not win.
I love David very much and we really are blessed in so many ways. I know we have a lot of exciting things up ahead.
I am glad conference is this weekend. My soul could really use a pick me up.
P.S. On a completely different note...my super dad got me a ticket yesterday to go to California in the beginning of May for a long weekend. I needed one last hurrah before my sister moves away. And I think the California sunshine and family will be good for my soul too.
So I leave you with this quote. I have been saving it for the perfect moment. Enjoy.

So I leave you with this quote. I have been saving it for the perfect moment. Enjoy.

Sorry Ash. I wish you had a different experience with Texas. Maybe you being in Texas is not about you... maybe it's for the people you come in contact with everyday. Maybe you are the blessing others are looking for and the reason you are in Texas is to share your happiness and sunshine to make others happier(in turn making you soul happy). I have a quote that I like to remember when I get in a negative loop in my head and it's "you give it a voice, you give it power." Don't let the things in life you hate take over your life or thoughts because then those thoughts have power over your spirit. Hope that little tid-bit helps! Feel better soon.
ReplyDeleteSorry you're feeling yucky. I know how that goes. I've definitely questions the decision to move to CO more than once. I'm sorry we didn't end up making it out to TX (long story, some of it's on my blog). I'm bummed I didn't get to see you! Keep you're chin up, it sound like you have a wonderful hubby for support and everything will eventually work out in the end.
ReplyDeleteOh, and I liked the post. It's nice to know that I'm not the only one who doesn't always love where they live (and sometimes feels bad about feeling that way).
What a fabulous quote. Thanks for sharing. :)
ReplyDeleteDoesn't it always seem that conference comes around when we need it the most? I can't wait.
I'm so sorry about the mean people. You are one of the nicest people I've met here in SA...it stinks that you have had to deal with this!
hope your weekend is a fantastic pick-me-up! hugs! :)
There are a few rotten apples out there, but you're certainly not one of them. Just know that we love you.
ReplyDeleteIt amazes me how many times I read your blog and it has to deal with my own feelings, too! Maybe it's because we're half sisters? :) I'm sure Satan feels like he has to work even harder on you two because he knows what great things you have in store for you. Hope you enjoy conference. I already feel better just from listening today! Love ya lots and I'm always here if you need to talk!
ReplyDeletei hope you don't hate me?!
ReplyDelete