I don't think I would call myself a nervous person...but I get nervous easily. In certain situations. If that makes sense. I really get nervous about flying. Not about the actual flying part though. I am fine once I am sitting on the plane in my seat with my bags away...but getting to that point gets me. David is in DC already and we are meeting in Boston tomorrow. He is probably a little glad he is not flying with me. You will see why.
These are my thoughts.
=Checking in online- nervous already. A whole 24 hours before. Not a great start.
=I have to make sure to get there early. Well, it leaves at 5:50am so I doubt it will be crowded.
=Well, what if it is crowded.
=I'm going to have to carry on my bag (which I hate) so I have to pack accordingly. Stupid 3 oz. rule.
=I am not a good packer. My list already included 4 pairs of shoes. For 7 days.
=Good thing I have an assigned seat or I would be extra nervous.
=What if my suitcase is to big. Or my 2nd carry-on is too big to be a second item.
=Oh my, and I have a plane change in Tennessee. Great. We better leave SA on time.
=What am I going to do on the plane. No i-pod (I don't want to talk about why) and I don't want to bring a laptop. So...gossip magazines? Check.
=I need to pack still.
=Ok...what can I control. The trip folder. All the reservations for the trip printed. Check.
See. Clearly I am awesome. But I am just going to keep reminding myself it will be ok and to:
Because it will.
Do you still want to be my friend? I hope so.
But really I am so excited for this trip. Boston, Cape Cod, New York, dad, brother, sister, mister, cutie nephews, Broadway plays, shopping, yummy food. All the worry is worth it.
See you in a while.

Flying is a little stressful with everyone... I just got done doing it with a baby and thinking both there.and back that we were going to miss our flights, running through the airport with a stroller! Its NORMAL to worry :)
ReplyDeleteHave fun!! I can't wait to go to New York one day!! Take LOTS of pictures!!!!
hA! good luck!! it will be totally worth all the nerves you go through!!! have a TON of fun!
ReplyDeleteOoh have A LOT of fun on your trip! Sounds great! And thanks for the congrats! (hah hah just think of the nerves when you add a child to the mix!)
ReplyDeleteI was thinking the same thing-just wait till you have kids! :) I don't get nervous for myself, but worry about how they'll do. Hope your travels are smooth and that you are having a wonderful time!
ReplyDeleteHope you're having a great vacation. We missed you on Sunday!
ReplyDeleteHi Ash! I happened across your blog today, and I love reading about your life. cute girl! Oh, I'm so happy for you and your adoption endeavors. Good luck sweetheart. I'm glad I can keep tabs on you. :) Tiffany
ReplyDelete