Pages

9.10.2010

Let's hear it for New York...

I'm sleepy. David is DJ'ing and I just got back a little while ago from Cold Stone with the Woods. Tomorrow I am hoping to sleep in! So for now, here is some pictures from our trip to New York.

{Random side story. I got engaged to David and didn't have my ring yet. I used my mom's diamond from when she was married to my dad, so we had to get it from California and pick out a new ring and all that jazz. Anyways, I was going to New York with student government and the day after I left, my ring was ready. So I had to wait till I got back. Which seemed like forever then. Ha. Anyways, I secretly hoped David would surprise me and hop on a plane and bring it to me. It sounds silly now. High maintenance or a watcher of too many sappy movies? Who knows. But it didn't happen...which was fine :) I didn't ever think of it again, but I was reminded of that while in New York with the mister. Almost 5 years later.}

So after Boston we spent a quick couple days in New York. {We first got Amtrak tickets for like $70 bucks each to take us from Boston to NY. Then my brother told us abut the Bolt Bus that is $15 bucks each! It takes the same amount of time and even has wireless Internet and plugs on the bus}. It was still raining the first day we were there, but luckily we got a day of nice weather.

-We stayed at this Hotel. It was a good location and the price was fair.
-We walked around a lot.

-We love Broadway plays- This time around we decided to see Memphis one night and Promises, Promises the next. I actually have a list of all the ones we have seen on the left side of my blog. My favorite is still Wicked though.
-NY wouldn't be NY without seeing some strange/inappropriate things:

-I'm glad the weather cleared up because we took a ferry to the statue of liberty and Ellis Island.

-We ate at Messa Grill- one of Bobby Flay's restaurants. It was so good!

-Our hotel was right by central park and an Art Museum. David loves museums. I like them OK. Just in small doses. :)
-I love shopping at H&M. I wish they had one here...but at the same time, it's good they don't! Ha. So it was a must in NY for us.
-We got tired of the expensive food...so we ate McDonald's twice. The last time I ate there I think we were in London. Big Mac's always seem to taste better when you are far from home.

Things I learned-

-It seems all the really pretty people are not from America. Hmmmm.
-Don't wear Toms brand shoes in the rain. Didn't work out good either time.
-Apparently my long thin necklace was a hazard on the plane. The flight attendant made me tuck it in my shirt. You better believe she got the famous stank eye from me!

We had a great time on our trip back east. It's one of those vacations that wears you out from doing so much. The kind where you need a vacation from your vacation. A few days after we got back we left for Utah. Hopefully I will get that post done this weekend. So stay tuned. And happy weekend!

2 comments:

  1. So true, a lot of times you come home from vacation more tired! Hope you get some time to recuperate. Glad you had a good time! Love you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your pictures look a lot like mine do of the past summer. How fun for you guys. I'm going to steal those of Lily and Gunnar. We had fun with uncle David. I hope he didn't think we were too much of a wet blanket with all the crazy going on.

    ReplyDelete

My Blog List