Pages

9.11.2010

Our final stop...Utah.

Just a few days after NY we flew out to Utah for a Walch family reunion. We have been to Utah a few times since moving from there, but this time I especially missed it. The weather was nice and it is just such a pretty place. We had a really great time there. We were able to see family, friends, eat good food, go shopping, enjoy the weather...it couldn't have been much better. David's Aunt Gayla did a great job putting it together. Here are some highlights of the trip.

Bowling:

Games:

Water Balloon Fight...started by David Walch Sr.:

Seeing these lovely faces:

We got to visit with our friend Gabe. Who I sometimes have to remind myself was actually my friend first from high school...since David and him get along so well! But I can share.


Walking around Salt Lake City:


Visiting with the Eversheds. They just moved from San Antonio to Utah where Morgan, I mean, Dr. Evershed, is a dentist. They are Morgan, Lindsay, Lucy, Kate and Mary. David was teasing me cause I told him all I wanted to do was hold baby Mary and hug Lindsay. Check, and check. 
We sure miss them!


 Some other things we did were go to Cafe Rio...twice, In-N-Out burger, take a ride on the scooter around Orem, get our hair done by miss Julie {I went shorter and darker}, and quite a bit of werewolf playing. {Werewolf is a game kinda like mafia...where you all pay a different part and you try to figure out who the killers are. It is an, lets see, interesting experience playing that with the Walch's. I actually was a bum and opted out each time. But they had a great time though! ha}

So, now back to real life. Things are going well. Work is going good. We replaced my BFF Amber's position with someone new, so I am just busy training him and working with my students. David is busy as usual with school. And now watching football. As we speak actually. 
I hope you are having a great weekend!

6 comments:

  1. Let me know when you come to Vegas. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was waiting for the UT post! It was so fun to have everyone together. I wish we could all live in a cul-de-sac so we wouldn't have to wait so long to hang out again.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It was great seeing you yesterday! Love the hair and LOVED that cute dress! Glad to have you back!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cute hair! (jealous of the hair cut) Cafe Rio! (jealous you got to eat there) Good times! (jealous of your trip) That Lindsay...she never looks pregnant when she is, and she doesn't look like she's just had a baby when she just did. (super jealous) And werewolf...I will never forget the time you wanted to kill Aaron b/c he was pissing you off. That was awesome. Fun for you guys. Tears we couldn't be there.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh! I'm so glad we got to see you. I just wish you hadn't dropped that tease about looking for work out hear. Even though it's such a slim chance, I still got my hopes up.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I can't believe I hadn't commented yet on this! I love that you had a fun time and got to see the Evershed family too?! Icing on the cake. I love it.
    So glad. Good job, girl. Good job.

    ReplyDelete

My Blog List