So we are on our count to 40. 40 weeks that is. 22 down, 18 to go.
For about two months now we have been working with a birth mom that is due February 13th. We have been involved in the doctors appointments and e-mail each other every few days. She e-mailed us at 12 weeks through our its about love account. (Surreal e-mail to get, but more on that another time.) Our profile had been up about a month. I am glad she found us. The birth mom is 22 weeks now and last week we found out that we will be getting a baby GIRL! We could not be more excited. We would have loved a boy too...but David was convinced it was a girl since day one. So I wanted it to be a girl so he wouldn't feel bad. He was right! It was so neat to see the ultrasound. Her little feet, her profile and heart beat. She even flexed for us. We just love her already! After work the other day I drove home and I had tears streaming down my face. Happy tears. I feel so lucky. So blessed. I wonder how I can ever thank the birth parents enough. It has been such a new and exciting journey for us. Figuring out our relationship with the birth parents, being involved in the pregnancy...there is nothing else is like it.
I decided to make a private blog where I can share more information. Like some pictures and all my emotions. I wanted a place where I felt like I could say what I was feeling and be able to document this journey. But more than that, I wanted to make sure to keep the birth parents information as private as I can. I still won't share everything about them, but it will be enough. So let me know if you would like an invite. You won't be disappointed. OK, I can't promise that...lol...but I think you will like it. It is in the works so it might be a week or so till you get an invite.
I wasn't quite sure when I wanted to share this information over the Internet world. Shortly after we found out in August David put something on his Facebook. That was up about 30 min till I saw it and had a panic attack and made him take it down. I wanted to tell close friends in person...not through Facebook. And it was still so new. But I know he was just excited. Anyways, Wednesday he put something up again, then my mom did. So people were getting suspicious of people telling me congrats, and I kind of had to. lol. So ready or not! It's not that I wanted to keep it a secret (except at my work for a while still), and I am not nervous at all she will back out. It's hard to explain. But here we are. It's out there.
So 18-ish weeks to go. Sometimes I think its going by fast...but other times February seems a while away. I think after Christmas the time might slow down, but who knows. I can't wait though for it.
So leave me a comment or e-mail me at ashleywalch@gmail.com. I'm not sure if anyone I don't know reads this...but anyone is welcome to read! I am a blog stalker myself.
In other Walch news...
Were just staying busy with work and David's school. Work is super busy for me. We have a lot of events this month and I need to make sure my 17 seniors have applied to 5 schools by Halloween. Ahhh. Lot's of deadlines. David is on the job hunt (graduates in Dec. with his MBA) and applying to jobs all over the place. Hopefully everything will be lined up by the time baby girl arrives. I am keeping my fingers crossed I get to see some family around the holidays. My birthday is also this month. I will be 26 on the 26th. I have a feeling that it is going to be quite a spectacular year. Next up on the blog...our fun weekend away with friends to Dallas!
Were just staying busy with work and David's school. Work is super busy for me. We have a lot of events this month and I need to make sure my 17 seniors have applied to 5 schools by Halloween. Ahhh. Lot's of deadlines. David is on the job hunt (graduates in Dec. with his MBA) and applying to jobs all over the place. Hopefully everything will be lined up by the time baby girl arrives. I am keeping my fingers crossed I get to see some family around the holidays. My birthday is also this month. I will be 26 on the 26th. I have a feeling that it is going to be quite a spectacular year. Next up on the blog...our fun weekend away with friends to Dallas!
you'd better believe i want an invite!! :) i am sooo happy for you guys! you are going to make wonderful parents. Love you two!!
ReplyDeleteCongrats!! So happy for you guys. And I'd love to be added to the blog. Amanda.m.gonzalez at gmail dot com.
ReplyDeleteI am SOOOO happy for you guys. I know how much you have been through the last few years and couldn't be more excited for your new little one!
ReplyDeleteAnyway, add me to that private blog. I can't wait to hear more about it!
kaylabaker@gmail.com
CONGRATS!!! I am so excited for you. Ashley being a mom is the best, and my heart is partial to little girls since that is all we have right now. Having a girl is a blast and you will especially love it since you are such a good shopper. I can't wait to see pictures of her and all the cute outfits you will dress her in:) I would love an invite to your other blog blunckstar@hotmail.com
ReplyDeleteOHHHHHH I am so excited for you guys! I would love to continue reading...add me add me! :-)
ReplyDeleteaareanjergensen@hotmail.com
I am dying to read the new one!! rachel.ashcraft@gmail.com
ReplyDeletejwalch04@yahoo.com. So excited for another baby girl in the family!
ReplyDeleteso so great!
ReplyDeletedefinitely add me to your invite list.
xoxo
melis
Hey! Would love an invite!
ReplyDeletei would love an invite too! tiffanylcarter@gmail.com best of wishes! so exciting!!
ReplyDeleteYippee!!! I want an invite so bad! :)
ReplyDeletesandybuff@gmail.com
All of this is so exciting. Woo hoo!
ReplyDeleteI'd love an invite! :)
erngft@gmail.com
Oh! I would love an invite. I get so emotional thinking about the whole process you guys are going through...you would think I was the one adopting her...but I just feel like it's a wonderful wonderful thing you guys get to do, to take a little girl and raise her in a great family and give her a life her biological parents weren't able or ready to give her. It's simply amazing!! Also the fact that ya'll have wanted to be parents for so long and now you get the opportunity to do so. I could not be happier for ya'll!
ReplyDeletedaniellewarner8@gmail.com
Hi Ashley! I would love an invite =) We have some dear friends that have adopted their two children, and they've had wonderful experiences. We are so excited for you! couthier@gmail.com Congratulations!
ReplyDeleteinvite for sure!
ReplyDeleteso excited for you!!! and I would LOVE an invite to your private blog
ReplyDeletecarrollhl@gmail.com
I'm SO happy for you and your little girl! Have fun shopping, because I know you will! :)
ReplyDeletemaryhoyt@hotmail.com
I am so excited for you guys!!! Please invite me to your private blog! meljessop@yahoo.com
ReplyDeleteWe miss you guys!
I am soooo excited for you guys! You have been in my prayers for so long and I will continue to pray for your baby to grow healthy and strong! You guys are going to make amazing parents! My email address is stephy.luv@hotmail.com I would love to read your other blog!!!
ReplyDeleteWe are SOOOOOO happy for you guys Ash! You are going to be an amazing Mom! I can't wait to hear all about your adventures. Please send us an invite to your private blog! I haven't been as up to date on my blogging lately as I should be - but I'm making it a goal to do better! michellerandall05@gmail.com
ReplyDelete