Pages

10.15.2010

Texas State Fair-burnt orange style...

A couple weekends ago we took a weekend trip to Dallas. We were lucky enough to stay with our friends Tyler and Michelle at her parents lovely house. It was a busy and fun weekend, but I didn't take too many pictures. 

We went to the Texas State Fair...which consists of deep fried everything. From cheesecake, to beer, to butter. Crazy right?!? We had one of the deep fried foot long corn dogs. The Red River Rivalry {OU vs. UT} was also going on that day. The Cotton Bowl is inside the fair, so all over were Longhorn fans and OU fans. I am a UT fan by default. We walked around for a while {shops, food, car show} Then David was able to get into the game. For $43 dollars. Anyways, a little while later Ty and Michelle left...so I walked around some more. By myself. For three hours. Causing me to also eat a funnel cake, lemon aid, and ice cream. Oops. I had a great time, but to be honest, the fair was not as cool as I thought it would be....but worth going to at least once. David had fun at the game, but UT lost. So I guess as much fun as you can have when your team loses. :)

Us:


Tyler and Michelle's adorable little girl Taylor.


Taylor and Michelle looking at the little baby pigs:


"Big Tex"


The car show:



We were also able to have a really good BBQ dinner with some of David's family. Well, my family too :)
Joe, Louise, Miriam, Uncle Chuck, Michelle and Geoff.


Cute girls:


We also were able to stop by the Dallas Temple for a little bit of Temple work.


Thanks for everyone that hung out with us and made it a great weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment

My Blog List