Pages

10.19.2010

Here and there...

::: I got my adoption blog up and running. Only one post right now, but I am going to try to get more up this week and keep up with it. It will just take me a little extra time to back track on what has happened so far. So let me know if you want an invite.

::: David got a new calling last week. Ward Mission Leader. He was a little sad to say goodbye to working with the young men, but now he is super excited. And he can still help the older boys transition to mission mode. So he will be a lot busier. Especially Thursday nights, Sunday mornings, and Sunday nights. Oh, I might be asking some of you lovely neighbors for a ride to church sometime. I don't really want to drive 2 cars to church and it's not worth it for David to drive home and get me. David loves missionary work and I know he will be so great at this calling.

::: I thought it was supposed to be cold already. It is not hot...but still not jacket weather. Hopefully soon. But the weather is pretty nice right now.

::: I got some pretty yellow mums for my front porch pots to replace the ones that were pretty much dead. Much better.

::: There are a million birds in my front yard lately. Kind of creepy. I remember that happening last fall too.

::: I have had a weird throat thing for a week. Not really a cold or cough, but sore throat and raspy voice at night.

::: I am so over working this week. We are really busy, but I just don't feel like being there. I have been un-motivated the last couple days. Maybe because I know there is possibly a light at the end of the tunnel. It's not like I have much to do at home. Or maybe it's because I sit in a tiny room for hours at a time. And for two hours a day I listen to teenage boys play with yugogi cards. Whatever it is...I need to get over it.

::: I wash my hair every day because when I don't, I think it looks nasty. Anyways, I found this stuff and have used it a few times when I wake up late, or don't want to wash my hair on a Saturday or something. It was only like $3.77 at HEB too...so a good price!

::: I made a paper chain last night for how many weeks till baby Emily arrives. There are 17 rings. I love her room. I go in there and just look around quite often, or read in the rocking chair. But I know I should appreciate this quiet time where I can sleep and it be just David and me. But I just can't wait to meet her. I have only bought three little outfits. My SIL Julie sent down a ton of clothes that I can't wait to see! So no crazy girl shopping yet. I am shocked by my self control. But I will definitely get things here and there as I see them.

Well. There you have it. Now go and have a lovely week.

6 comments:

  1. The throat thing might be allergies, or a reaction to dry air if you sleep with your windows open. (is it dry there?)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ashley!! I'm SO happy for you guys... this hits a little close to home because my mom had a baby girl when she was 20 and gave her up for adoption through LDS social services. We have never met her and don't know anything about her, I wish we did, so maybe someday. But my mom was the one on the other side letting another family grow.

    I'm excited for you guys to finally have your prayers answered! Good luck preparing and getting ready to be a mommy :) Send me an invite so I can keep up with everything! tiffanierose23@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I totally stalk your blog and would love to read your adoption one too!
    kirsten44@gmail.com

    Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  4. send me an invite!! i would love to read your adoption blog. i'm so happy for you. and so glad that so many great things are going on in your life right now. :)

    hoorayformichelle@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I want to see some pictures of the baby's room! I'm sure you have made it so beautiful!!! Once again, I am soooo happy for you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have a few things for baby Emily already...and I have a few tiny dresses that were my favorites that I've kept from my girls that you are welcome to use! I'm so excited for you. I remember sitting in Kelsey's room and staring at the crib, carseat, changing table, etc. with such anticipation to see her! Now she is 12 and I wonder where the time has gone! Enjoy the quiet moments and a good nights rest while you can! Love Ya!

    ReplyDelete

My Blog List