Pages

3.29.2011

Today I felt like blogging. Let's go with it...

Last week David's computer crashed. With all our pictures. And he for some reason deleted them from the camera too. So I am keeping my fingers crossed my dad's tech guys can get the pictures. But I cant really think about it. It has ALL the pictures from when Emily was born. And all the other things I needed to update on here. So lets just keep our fingers crossed. Man...if only I would have kept up on blogging I would have had some of them! :) 

So let's just skip November-March right now. Well...I guess it is the end of March. 

Here are a bunch of random thought/updates. Sorry for rambling...

:::Boston is good. Just when it seemed like it might warm up....it got cold again. I think it is going to be great once the weather warms up.

:::It has been nice having my sister close. She is now just a mile ish down the street. Her boys are a lot of fun and they just ADORE Emily. Especially Jacob.

:::The roads here are CrAzY!!! Honestly. The first week I was here and drove places...I was honestly shocked I got there. Even with my GPS.(which I will probably use the entire time we live here. However long that is) I cant really explain it but just imagine driving and all the sudden the lane is a turn only lane, (no warning...I swear) or there is a quick v in the road. And there are spots that you swear you must be driving on the wrong side of the road. I have never gone the same way to the airport...and my GPS saves me by recalculating me when I get confused and take a wrong turn. I am hoping that people see my Texas plates and realize I don't know where I am going :)

:::Things also may seem close...but they take forever to get to. Something that is 2 miles can take 15 minutes. The airport and downtown is 7 and it takes 25 min. My sisters old place was 5 miles and always took me over 30 minutes. It is crazy. So when I am out I try to get all my errands done.

:::I live really close to a Target, and a dinky mall with a forever 21 and Gap outlet. But finding a gas station or fast food place is more annoying. There are Trader Joe's which is nice. I have seen McDonald's and Burger King a little ways away. I dont even really eat fast food but I would LOVE to have a Chick-Fil-A here! Or Carl's Jr. They do have Chipotle which is good. I love that place.

:::Our ward at church is really great. Like really great. It is a big ward and everyone is so friendly. Every Sunday the talks and classes are great. We have always loved our other wards but this one takes the cake! We also live pretty close to the Temple. (10 min ish) which is nice.

:::We have had some visitors. My dad came twice, my mom once and my sister Stacey once. We didn't do anything too exciting. It was cold, I have a baby, I knew nothing about the city, my sister was packing her place and I was un-packing. Stacey braved it with me and we took public transportation downtown. It is what David does everyday. We took the bus then caught the T. With Emily and her stroller. It was...an experience. We also walked around Harvard...which is really close to our house too. Stacey and my mom also took a ton of pictures...which I will post soon. My dad was just here again last week. It was funny cause one day we did an entire load of laundry from clothes that had been "affected" by Emily that day. lol.                               
:::And Miss Emily is great. She has her fussy days...but we just love her. She will be 8 weeks on Thursday. She is such a sweet baby. Every day it seems she is getting chubbier and more aware. Here are some pictures from my phone-








Now go and back up your computer on an external hard drive. You can thank me later.

6 comments:

  1. Sorry about the computer! Our external hard drive broke a while ago and we still haven't bought a new one. Now I'm all freaked out about my pictures! :) It's great to hear how you guys are doing and what you've been up to. I hope spring comes soon-for all of us!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the update! Oh...Miss Emily is adorable!!
    I hope you are able to get your pictures back. We had that happen to us years ago, and we told the recovery people that we just want the one file of pictures...all of our pictures and they were able to recover it. I will keep my fingers crossed for you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. We actually have most of it backed up. Just the last 2-3 months is missing...

    :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Boston roads are the worst! I can totally relate to your GPS experience.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Mozy.com!!! It is worth the peace of mind (and really not that expensive). I know how you feel!! Our external hard drive crashed and had ALL the pictures of Lily's first YEAR! Do it, get it.Now we have 2 back ups---the external HD and Mozy---better safe than sorry.

    The road situation sounds a lot like here (and DC). It's so frustrating, I know. But I'd still live there if I could for a couple years any way.

    Hooray for chickflia...we miss it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Just came across your blog via the beautiful picture of your husband and Emily on Spearmint Baby. Congrats on your new addition!! So exciting!!

    I am a Bostonian (I now live in the 'burbs) and was chuckling at your post. There happens to be a Chick-Fil-A in the Burlington Mall that I would frequent while pregnant. It is maybe 40 minutes from Boston (if you drive fast like most MA drivers!!).

    Good luck with your bundle. Summer in Boston is great so enjoy.

    ReplyDelete

My Blog List