Pages

10.04.2009

Lovin' October already.

My house is smelling yummy cause I am making this.
So why I wait....why not blog?

(Yummy Granola- 3 C old fashioned oats, 1/2 C chopped walnuts, 1/2 C chopped almonds, 1/2 c chopped pecans, 1/2 C real maple syrup, 1/4 t salt, 1/4 t cinnamon, 1/2 C raisins. Mix together and bake on a cookie sheet for 30 min @ 300 degrees)

I love this time of year. Especially for decorating. First Halloween, then Thanksgiving, then Christmas! I love it all. Here is my new dining room table set up:


At 2:30am today I (and the rest of the neighborhood I'm sure) was woken up by the loudest thunder and lightening. It was so loud and it kept me up till almost 4am. I did some thinking and some funny conversations happened.

#1
David: Hey...the power went out.
Ashley: Yup
David: Did it just go out again or did I blink?
Ashley: You blunked. Wait. Blunked is not right. You blanked. No...you blinked.

#2
You know in the movie Twilight when they are playing baseball? It sounded like that.

#3
I thought about the LaVerne, CA house I grew up in. We had this rain measure thing on our fence. I was thinking it would be awesome to have one of those again. I always think it rains more than the news says...so now I could no for sure. But the only thing catching rain right now is our trash can we didn't take in yet. Here are some pictures from Google Maps. It looks different now. My mom always had beautiful flowers planted.


View Larger Map


View Larger Map

#4
It was exactly this time 2 years ago when we decided that we would start to grow our little family of 2 to 3...or maybe 4 if we had twins. We thought at the most we would have a baby in a year. That year sounded like an eternity. Ha. Last month I started writing about our journey over the last 2 years. I thought that it would be nice to have for a few reasons. 1. Maybe one day my posterity would enjoy reading it. 2. One day when I am a mom and I am stressed and have little ones running around and driving me nuts...I can read it and if I forgot, remember how much I wanted to be a mom and how hard it was getting there. And 3. I need to put what happened in the past behind me. I think I have moved on...but you never are the same. I am stronger than I thought I could be and yet at the same time, I am still weak. I cant even begin to tell you how much I hope that the next time I am pregnant it will be different then the previous three times. I will be strong...I will have faith and will need the faith of family and friends...I will need the strength only my Heavenly Father can give me. Because really...I will cry in the waiting room before every doctors appointment and probably the night before...and on the way there. I will be nervous every time I go to the bathroom. I will analyze every pregnancy symptom. I will think about it every second of the day. I will be strong, I will be strong, I will be strong. And so our journey continues.

Sorry...I didn't mean to get so serious and personal and off track.

On a lighter note...back to this weekend.
Remember...it was raining and there was loud lightening and thunder...

This morning when we got up we took a little car ride. We had seen a helicopter close and we knew we would find some flooding just down the street. That stinks for whoever owns that car...but all I could say was "awesome".


So conference weekend has been great so far. Lots of good talks, lots of time with David, lots of rain, and lots of cleaning got done. Love it all.

6 comments:

  1. Ashley, you made me tear up! You will be an amazing mother one day. Some little baby will come to a cute little house, with fun decorations for every season and the smell of home baked goodies in the oven. What a lucky child.

    I don't know about you but I love Texas rain storms!! They are so fun, to cuddle up and watch a movie to.

    I am making that granola. Thanks for the recipe!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have so many similarities in my life as you have had this weekend!

    1. Woke up to the crying puppy and when I went to let her outside the power went out...I laid in bed stressing about it as we had no rain or thunder. I wondered if someone got in an accident and was stuck in a ditch. I woke Scott up in the mean time and he called the power company on his cell to report it. However, we have two power accounts and the automated system couldn't process the request without the actual account number! Yes, so silly and I laid awake worring! Not long after I did fall back to sleep but Scott didn't and then Carter got sick!

    2. Was just thinking about the LaVerne house. Very fun to see the pictures and I don't remember the rain catcher but, I would like to have one with all the rain we have had.

    3. Flooding...that was us 2 weeks ago with all the rain we had here.

    4. I needed to be reminded of why I wanted to be a Mom and that my 5 children are blessings...they have been fighting and were absolutely rude while we were trying to watch conference. One of them ate a whole package of their Aunt's Beeman's Gum without permission of course! You are welcome to a few of them if not all of them if you would like...take your pick as they all have been driving us crazy! lol Or, if you would like to come babysit maybe you could train them for us while we take a vacation! lol You will be such a great Mom!

    I'm here for you though...wish I was closer so I could help hold your hand through the next time. I can't even imagine what you've been through but, I'm here for you and want to know right away when you are pregnant so we can support you as much as you need! We love you!

    5. I just decorated for fall and I love this time of year. It is my favorite! Except Halloween...I'm not fond of that Holiday and could just buy big bags of candy to eat without having to find 5 costumes to take 5 kids trick or treating!

    I hope you have a good week! Good Luck with the rain! Hope it doesn't come our way! I'm sick of the rain! Talk to you soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Ashley I am so sorry to hear about your struggles with pregnancy. I seriously can't imagine what that feels like. Good thing we do have the gospel and can rely on Heavenly Father. There were some really neat conference talks. Kendal was telling me about one in Priesthood about trials making us all stronger and helping us become better by Elder Uchtdorf. You should ask David about it. It sounded like an uplifting talk.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ahh, I miss those flood outs. Not that I like when the streets flood, but because it means a reprieve from the heat in SA and you don't have to water your lawn. PS your house is always cute.

    ReplyDelete
  5. If there is a good thing about trials, it is that we become stronger. You have a great attitude and are a great example....I loved the LaVerne house too! So many great memories there... We have been woken up the last two nights from thunder.....Love you!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great post! That was a crazy thunderstorm - I really should have taken pictures the next day! Also, I am cheering for you guys. You will be amazing parents and I hope as much as you do that it is soon. I can not imagine at all what you are going through, but I'm always available for support or a shoulder to cry on. Call me anytime!!

    ReplyDelete

My Blog List