Pages

7.26.2009

Dallas trip...

Last week I went to Dallas for 4 days with 43 of our students. We had a jam packed schedule of college tours, watching the new Harry Potter, a baseball game, the JFK museum and a trip to Six Flags. It also included little sleep. Here are some highlights:

-All you can eat nachos, hot dogs and soda at the baseball game. I may have had 1 hot dog, 2 sodas, 2 extra cheesy nachos and a half of a funnel cake. I may have been sick after. Maybe.
-Amber and my caricature from Six Flags (see below)
-Catching the boys all in each others room after room checks talking about the JFK museum. We let that time go.
-Sneaking around in the hallways trying to catch them sneaking out.
-Amber sneaking up to a students door as she looked out the peep hole. She put her face right up to it and all we heard was the S word and someone stumbling back. It was awesome.

And not so fun:
-Staying up till 2am trying to get the students to go to bed after room checks.
-Staying at the dorms...and the community shower.

It went pretty well overall. So my new co-worker Amber and I tell the students that we are BFF's. We have them believing that we hang out on the weekend and have sleep overs and watch Dawson's Creek. {They actually asked us what that show was. Were like "Hello, Katie Holmes, Tom's wife! We actually did hang out this weekend. We went to the Outlets. I may have bought a little too much at Banana Republic. But again, I am not admitting anything.} So while we were at Six Flags, we thought it would be funny to get a caricature done...so we told the lady the story and this is what we got. We love it. I think it totally looks like Amber, but not me that much. I promise I was not wearing that outfit she drew me in either. Ha! There is a real picture of both of us so you can see what she looks like...I look terrible, so don't look too close.
Its good to be home!

No comments:

Post a Comment

My Blog List