Pages

11.30.2009

Sitting, waiting, wishing...

I used to love making a wish at 11:11. By used to, I mean like last year. I didn't really believe that my wish would come true. It was just something I enjoyed doing. I would actually wish for as many things as I could in that one minute. When none of my wishes were coming true, I gave up on 11:11 wishing. David will sometimes remind me it is 11:11, and I responded saying that I don't believe in it anymore. Usually with a sad tone. I can be a little dramatic sometimes.


When it comes to fortune cookies, I had one rule. You had to eat the whole cookie before you read the fortune, or it wont come true. David does not do that so I kind of got out of the habit. So sometimes I do eat it before, sometimes I don't. It depends on how full and patient I am feeling. I never really believed that those would come true either. They are usually lame, or so generic anyone can relate to it. Like "New opportunities are in your future". Lame.


Last week we went to Pei Wei and I got 2 lovely fortunes I thought I would share. I have not lost hope in anything....but it is kinda fun and nice to get a hopeful reminder. Even if it is from a fortune cookie.


"Your dearest wish will come true"


&

"Keep true to the dreams of your youth"


OK. Maybe they are a little cheesy...but I liked them...and that is all that matters right? Right!

3 comments:

  1. Hey Ashley. How was your Thanksgiving?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I still have a fortune I got a few weeks after my mom died, saying I was going to receive a large inheiretance. Rather bold, for a fortune cookie.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ash, you are too funny! My favorite line from this post: "I can be a little dramatic sometimes." Thanks for making me smile. I love you!!!

    ReplyDelete

My Blog List