Pages

11.22.2009

You never KNOWvember

Wow. This has been my longest blogging dry spell yet. Did you miss me ? Ha.

This month has been quite a roller coaster. Up and down...upside down. Lots of being frustrated, unmotivated, sad & disappointed. I'm not talking about anything in particular....just "life" stuff I guess. It's all starting to look up though. There were some fun things that have happened as well.

I had last Monday off, so I spent the day cleaning and getting some stuff organized. One project was my guest room closet. There I reminisced over MVHS and UVSC memories. I now have 2 cute, large hat boxes filled with memorabilia from each. I also have a nice neat dresser drawer filled with teacher supplies I have yet to use and my seasonal crafts. It was kinda bitter-sweet going through all that stuff and a few tears may have been shed.

I also cleaned my bedroom...which needed some help. Oh, and I finally have all my jewelry organized which is very exciting for me! I cant believe I tried to fit it all in one box! Below is a picture of my necklaces. I have everything else in the jewelry box now. David thinks this should be posted to show I have some sort of addiction and should not buy anymore jewelry. I think it should be shown cause I am excited about my solution to my over-flowing jewelry box. I think that my SIL Kristen might put my collection to shame though. I honestly don't buy a lot of jewelry. I have had this stuff for a while. Well...and I just so happened to buy one last night...and may have gone to Charming Charlies Friday....but I really don't have a problem. :)

My friend Traci had a little boy last week. It had been a LONG time since I held a brand new baby....like hours old. I also had my first experience changing my first tar/poo diaper. It was baby Chase's...not Traci's. Ha. He look so much like her other son Dax and was making funny scowling faces. I will hopefully go visit them again soon!


David is excited for me that I have a new friend. Her name is Amber we work together. She recently moved from Idaho and is working on her masters from St. Mary's. She comes over now every Tuesday night for dinner. She also does her laundry and we watch the Biggest Loser. It makes for as fun night! She is pretty hilarious too. Since David was gone to Fort Worth this weekend we decided to hang out. We went to Goro's for sushi and had 3 failed attempts at seeing The Blind Side. So we tried again Saturday, and finally saw it on our 5th try. It was a great movie. This is her below. We took our students to the Corn Maize last weekend. You can also find our caricature here.


Well, I sure am excited for the 4 day weekend coming up, and all the Thanksgiving festivities!

Happy Thanksgiving week!

6 comments:

  1. That necklace you just bought is divine! I want one.
    I love cleaning and organizing. It is such a great feeling when you finish. Are you still trying to get a job as a teacher? You will be a great teacher when the time comes.
    Funny thing... In your jewelry picture I saw the necklace I borrowed for my engagement pictures. It brought back good memories :)

    Hope you have a Happy Thanksgiving!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. its a good thing you bought a new necklace...b/c i don't think you have enough!!! haha a girl can never have to many accessories...thats my philsophy and Im stickin to it!!!! hope you have a wondeful week ash!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I need to give you one of the hanging jewelry organizers I use. But your way is fun b/c then you get to see all your cute stuff and remember what you have. And don't call me out like that, Aaron will get suspicious. haha ;) David doesn't know what he is talking about, ask him how many ties he has and those are usually more expensive than necklaces! Fun update.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so PROUD of your organizing fun! I love how you found things to hang your necklaces on! And, I love how you called out Kristen too! HAA!!!

    And, I hear you on going through stuff. It's kind of emotional, isn't. I may or may not have shed a few tears last week going through it all too. I think it's cathartic. It's a good thing.

    I hope this month is MUCH better than the last for you. Don't you love roller coaster months? NOT!

    Good work, girl. Consider me super proud!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your necklace collection. It makes me feel like I need to go shopping....well I guess not really I HATE shopping. I just wish all of those necklaces and accessories could just appear in my closet:) That is so much fun that you got to go see Traci's baby. He is so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think you have a problem, but I'm secretly jealous! :) Hope you have a good Thanksgiving! Love you!!!

    ReplyDelete

My Blog List