Pages

2.02.2010

A lot of birthdays!

I have been blogging for one year tomorrow. I sometimes wonder when I will stop blogging for good. Will it die out? Remember when MySpace was cool. Ha. Well...for now I love it. It has been a fun way to document our life...some of it anyway. Funny story...we were talking with someone about our last anniversary. We couldn't remember what David got me as a gift. So...I went to the trusty blog. Oh yeah, Wicked tickets...how could I forget! Good thing I had it on here.
Happy Blogging!

Now on to the real birthdays...

Some of my favorite people have a birthday this week. So I thought I would post my favorite thing about them right now...

First Up (today actually)...my Sister Laura
It might be hard to believe...but we did not get along growing up. At all really. We started getting along better after she graduated. Were 18 months apart, so I don't know if it was our age, or that we are so different, or that all the boys liked her. Ha. Anyways...that has all changed...we have turned out to be great friends. She has 3 little boys now and is full of good advice. She is always sending me info on getting pregnant... Detoxes, teas, things to eat...etc. She has wanted me to have a baby since I got married. Anyways, she is great and I am glad she is my sister.

Laura and me...2 summers ago

Next (tomorrow)...David's littlest sister Lorna
I feel like I turn into a teenager again when Lorna is around. When we are at dinner at her house there is bound to be something funny or awkward someone says that we will laugh about later. Its usually something they don't mean to be funny...but Lorna and I will just look at each other with big eyes...and know exactly what the other is thinking. Then we like to send them to each other randomly on Facebook. So we have a lot of inside jokes. Oh. Speaking of jokes...I have two funny ones from Lorna. They are a little questionable...so don't say I didn't warn you.
One time we were eating dinner and we were talking about moths for some reason. Then... this happened:

Lorna: "Hey guys, have you ever smelled moth balls before".
Someone at the table "Yeah, I think so".
Lorna: Well...how did you fit your nose between their tiny legs?

We laughed so hard. The joke was delivered very well...and we had no idea it was coming. We were a little shocked it came from Lorna too.

Then the other day we were talking about rice milk and she said jokingly:
"How do they get milk from rice....they don't have boobs?"

She is a lot of fun to be around. She is waiting to hear back from BYU to see if she got in...and we will sure miss her when she moves to Utah.

Lorna & Anne

Finally...David's mom Anne.
One of the many things she is great at is cooking. I have a theory that now that Kristen, Aaron, Joe, Louise and kids have moved out of town...we get invited to dinner more. Well...it's not really a theory...2 people is easier to invite than 9. Though I miss them all, I do enjoy Anne's meals! She makes this salsa that is my favorite! I wish I could eat it every day. I finally got the recipe for it and thought I would share it. I remember to take a picture after we already ate it.
Mango-and-Avocado Salsa

1 Avocado (sliced into small bite size)
1 Mango (cut into same size as avocado)
1 Tomato and/or 1 red pepper
1/2 red onion (I always forget this one)
1 handful of cilantro chopped
Lime juice (1/2 lime)
Salt to taste

Mix all together and eat with tortilla chips. It is delish! Enjoy!

Some other birthdays:
Just last week was David's brother Joe's Birthday, and a little later this month is my cousin/half sister Keri Beth's Birthday. So shout out to you two as well!

4 comments:

  1. That moth ball joke is awesome!!! I will have to use it sometime:) It sounds like you have an awesome family.

    ReplyDelete
  2. HAppy birthday to all. I will try not to bring up the dinner issue with mom that you brought to my attention. haha just kidding.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, I remember all too well how you and Laura didn't get along! I'm glad you worked out your problems! haha! Now if the 3 of us could ever get together.....You're so sweet to remember everyone's birthdays. Hope you have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Now Lorna will never pass the BYU background check and it will be all thanks to you Ashley! *laughs* Also, I think Anne sometimes puts jicuma (the mystery white crunchy vegetable) in that salsa. I love it!

    ReplyDelete

My Blog List