Pages

6.03.2010

It's about love...

Some of you already know and hopefully all our family knows :)

So, I just sent out an envelope yesterday with the last of the things we needed to turn in to LDS family services for the adoption process. That's right...David and I are ALMOST ready for our on-line profile to go live for adoption. We are super excited! {oh, and the thing I was working on last week was cleaning my house for our home study. I spent Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday getting ready for it}. So now that everything is done and our home study is complete, we are just waiting for our case worker to do her write up and get our final approval letter. I will put the link here for our profile when it is ready...but hopefully in the next 2-3 weeks!

Over the last two and a half years we have experienced 3 miscarriages and some fertility issues. There is nothing found to be wrong with us...it has been either get pregnant easily and something goes wrong after that, or not getting pregnant at all. The last year I have done a few rounds of clomed too. Over the last little bit I have had my heart broken more than once because of it...but David and I have become stronger as a couple and closer to our Heavenly Father. I know that it was through Heavenly Father that we were able to stay as strong as we did. I also have a new appreciation for growing a family and what a blessing it is. I am also grateful for His guidance to know that this is the right thing for us to do. Before I felt that peaceful feeling this was very overwhelming and emotional for me. But that sweet confirmation has made all the difference and all that remains is excitement. I honestly feel that this is not second best either.


We really feel that adoption is the right thing for us to grow our family. And who knows what the future will bring as far as getting pregnant, but right now, this is our plan. We started the process back in mid March. There is a lot of paperwork and things to fill out. Nothing is THAT hard, it just takes time. Paperwork, getting CPR certified, fingerprinting, medical clearance, on-line profile questions, copies of important documents, references, letter to the birth parents, etc. It took a little longer than I first wanted it to, but I am happy with the timing. I feel like I will be patient for a while and this year is just flying by...so that helps. But we will see, I might start getting impatient next month. Ha. Anyways, now or later, we are ready. Well, getting as ready as we can! Here is a pic of our to do list. There was also what seemed like a ton of questions we had to answer separately online. It feels good to have it done!



So, I thought I would open it up to any questions you, whoever reads this, might have. About the adoption process, why we are adopting, our preferences...etc. Don't be shy. I have not really talked much about stuff like that on this blog, but I am really fine with talking about it. You can also e-mail me at ashleywalch@gmail.com if you want too.

So get excited...cause there are some exciting things ahead for us!

18 comments:

  1. Yay! I am excited that you got your papers turned in. I am so excited for you! I will keep ya'll in my prayers and hope that it goes quickly for you!

    LOVE YOU!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I didn't know... how exciting for you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Ashley!! How exciting!!!! Congrats on being almost done with all that paper work. I know how much is involved, as we went through it all a few years ago. You will be a great mom. So happy for you both. I'm sorry for all the heartbreak, but you're so right...adoption is NEVER second best. What a wonderful and exciting time for ya'll! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. We're so excited for you!!! You have had such an amazing attitude through all of this. You're a great example, cuz! Love and miss you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. How wonderful! My sister went through the the selection process to find a family and its such a great blessing to have wonderful people like yourself go through so much and put yourselves out there! good luck

    ReplyDelete
  6. I had no idea Ash that you have been struggling with this! But that is so wonderful and I'm so happy for you guys! I wish you the best of luck and I know you are going to be an amazing Mamma!

    ReplyDelete
  7. So happy for you!! You WILL be blessed with a family :) Cerise

    ReplyDelete
  8. That is so AWESOME! You are going to be one hot mamma! Have you done a baby room? I wanna see!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm so excited for you guys! You are going to be a great mom :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow Ashley! This is such exciting news!
    You two are so great with the aunt/uncle thing... you'll be amazing parents!! The baby that comes to your home will be one lucky kid.
    Congrats on getting the process going!

    ReplyDelete
  11. What wonderful news! I'm so excited for you guys. I hope everything moves along quickly for you since I know you will be such great parents!! I'll look forward to updates!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks so much for sharing Ashley! I am so happy for you all to be able to start a family this way! It is hard, but well worth it, as ALL kids are :) Can't wait to here more about this process!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Congrats!! I wish you the VERY best of luck! Being a parent is such a great blessing and I know you have A LOT of love to share with your future children. How AWESOME for you guys, adoption is a great blessing for ALL involved!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Congrats on getting all the paperwork & home study done! I'm excited to see what the future holds for you!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wow! Congrats, I love the idea of adopting kids. Goodluck with the process. I'm sending you good vibes!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wonderful news! Congrats and GOOD LUCK during the process. You will make wonderful parents.

    ReplyDelete
  17. i'm sure you know how i feel about adoption, considering that i placed my own baby for adoption, but i just want you to know that it's amazing. on both sides, it truly is such a blessing and a bittersweet, incredible, heartbreaking, breathtaking experience and i couldn't be happier for you.

    i hope all goes well and smoothly and you "find" your baby soon :)

    p.s. i have a new blog ... not sure if i told you, but it's michelle-wilson.tumblr.com

    ReplyDelete
  18. That is so exciting Ashley! I am so happy for you. Can't wait to hear more about it all! You will make an amazing mother!

    ReplyDelete

My Blog List