Thanks for all the kind words and support for our adoption stuff.
We appreciate it and will keep you updated!
Our home study was Friday morning...then we drove to Dallas shortly after our case worker left. It was a great weekend and I definitely relaxed knowing our house was clean and adoption stuff was done. We got to visit with David's brother Joe, wife Louise, sweet baby Miriam, and their dad Dave. Oh, and one thing you might not know about me is that I don't do well with road trips. I don't like really being in the car for long amounts of time, and I don't like being the actual driver either. I think I drove maybe 1 hour on our 23 hour drive when we moved. Anyways, I drove the whole way to Dallas so David could study. Then I drove from Dallas to Austin on the way home as well. It is a big accomplishment people!
Our actual anniversary was on Thursday. So we went to Ruth's Chris steakhouse for the first time. David had "the best steak of his life" there. In pictures my left eye is always really squinty. So I look especially squinty in this picture. You can see it in every picture on this post. I don't know why it does that! Back to the food. It was very good, and they bring the steaks out on 500 degree plates. Really. I even touched it cause I forgot. It does keep the steak nice and hot while you are eating it. There was a random strange guy at the table next to us. A lady came and joined him after a little while. Then, we they were eating, another lady came up and took a picture of them. For the rest of the night they were trying to figure out who she was. I guess she came in and as for them, so they let her back. It was pretty funny listening to them. Our favorite part was when the waiter suggested it was a blackmail photo. Ha.
Here are some pictures from Dallas:
Crow Asian Art Museum and the Dallas Museum of Art
David's dad being goofy:
David and our cute niece Miriam:
We stayed one night at my favorite kind of hotel...Aloft. The first one we went to was in Philly.
We love Houstons Resturant so we went there for another anniversary dinner. We went there last year as well.
We also walked around Bishop's Art District that night and got ice cream. Then we stopped at Ikea on the way back to San Antonio...which is always fun.
Oh, and yes, David is THAT much tanner than me. He is managing some commercial landscaping jobs right now and is outside a lot. Good thing it's not a contest. Ha.
Well...we have had a nice relaxing weekend so far...so here is to a good week ahead!
Well...we have had a nice relaxing weekend so far...so here is to a good week ahead!







Glad you had fun! Sounds like a good little getaway. I seriously love your hair that length! Makes me want to cut mine...but then I wouldn't like it. :) Good job on the driving! Oh, and that hotel looks really cool.
ReplyDeleteSounds like my kind of weekend! Happy anni!
ReplyDeleteNice! So did you find out who that guy was?
ReplyDelete