I did and this is how I know".
Song lyric from a Train song.
Anyways, I did fall in love while in California. Mostly with the weather and my nephew James. But more on that later.It seems like forever ago I was there...but I finally have a break to get this done.
It was a short trip back home to visit, and here are the details you asked for. Ok. so, you didn't ask...but I know you want to know.
It started by flying into San Diego and going to dinner with my dad and friend Kayla. We went to El Indio for dinner and enjoyed their yummy chips. It was good to catch up.
Then my dad and I went to his house...but made a quick stop at DZ Akins bakery. They have some yummy treats and wish I had known before that it was just down the street from his place! Then we hung out for a little bit before I made the drive up to my moms.
So I went to bed late and woke up early for my sisters yard sale. A move from California to Massachusetts is quite expensive, so they decided to sell everything and forgo the moving van. They have sold a lot of stuff so far and we had a pretty successful yard sale! (Not the cutest pic, ha)
Baby James. I try to not to have favorites, but he stole my heart. I usually see my sisters kids while they are new babies, then it seems they are crawling the next time I see them. But James is 4 months and can just be held. (I love when they don't move around too much yet. Ha.) I loved holding him and seeing his cute smile.This is my favorite picture from the trip. It is a phone pic and blurry, and yes we were in church...
Later that day we had some family over to my mom's for swimming and a BBQ. It was also to celebrate Mothers Day and my grandpa's birthday.
13 years ago we made time capsules at a Young Women's activity at church. We made them with our mom and have to wait till 2012 to open them. We cheated a little and opened them 2 years early, since we didn't know if we would all be together again for Mothers day in 2 years. I was thinking it was going to be kind of sappy and boring...but it was actually hilarious. Like tears streaming down our face from laughing so hard. Maybe I will try to do a post on it another time of what I put in it. But my sister and I really did not get along at that time.To say the least.So the letters were about us fighting and my mom's letter saying that she knows I am not as "developed" as Laura, but she hopes I catch up when we read these letters. Ha. I guess I would always tell Laura she had PMS, and so she said I had PDS...pre-developed syndrome. Ha. How big were my boobs supposed to be at 12??? Ha. And Laura writing this:
The last sentence is my favorite. Well, I am glad we get along now and that we can laugh about it!
Then Sunday can be summed up by going to church, James peeing on me when I was changing his diaper, going with my mom to get a caramel apple from Rocky Mountain Chocolate Factory. Then driving back to my dad's San Diego eating some yummy In N Out.
I successfully figured out how to watch DVD's on my dad's TV we got him back at Christmas. It was tricky! The next morning we went to Cafe 222 for breakfast. I had seen it on the food network and Bobbie Flay raved about the stuffed French toast. So my dad got that and I got a pumpkin waffle. It was pretty good.
Then we went to the mall for sunglasses and cologne, and left empty handed.(sorry dad....ha)
The weather was beautiful. There was a cool breeze and I loved it! I left feeling a little jealous of those lucky Californians. I was however welcomed back to San Antonio with a breeze. A warm humid one. Ha. So now back to real life here!






Your trips sound like mine-going to all these places to eat! :) I was laughing so hard about the you and Laura thing that I had tears down my face, too! I totally remember the PDS! That is seriously priceless. Ah.... the good old days in Cali! Hope everything is going well. Love ya!
ReplyDeleteOh Ash...just reading your blog and looking at the letter again, I had tears running down my face. Mary said the PDS thing is pricelss. No...you are priceless. Can I hire you to write my blog for me. After reading your's nothing I could write would ever compare to yours. Thanks for all the laughs. I love you! Mom
ReplyDeleteCongrats Ash! :) Our blog is JoshandRosie.blogspot.com by the way! Love ya and miss ya!
ReplyDeleteP.S. Can you send me the pictures you took with us last time you guys were here? When we all had dinner?