I'm sure there is a rule about crying in front of your boss. Oops.
See...I am supposed to be driving to New Mexico right now with 65 students. Every summer we have our 6 week summer program, then we take our students on a trip. We do college tours, sight seeing, etc. 2 years ago we went to Chicago, last summer to Dallas and this year New Mexico. So Friday I get to work and my boss tells me she needs to talk to me in the conference room, and that she has bad news. slight panic sets in. Then she told me that because of comp time issues and working over 40 hours and some policy, I won't be able to go on the trip. We talked for a few minutes and I thought of all the ways I could go, and then...before I knew it I was crying. Not crazy crying or anything. Just tears running down my cheek. How embarrassing. In my head I was like, no Ashley, what are you doing?! I guess I was just surprised and disappointed. Though I was not looking forward to the 12 hour drive, I really enjoy spending time with my students...and felt bad they wouldn't know I was not going till they showed up this morning. I apologized for starting to cry, but I think she knows that I just care about them and wanted to be there. Oh man, hopefully she won't tell everyone.
So, I am here. But that means more time with my BFF before she leaves Wednesday.
We celebrated the end of summer with a beautiful banquet downtown.My phone is taking bad pictures lately. But you get the idea.
So no more 11-7, or assigned matching polo shirts. We had a certain color we had to wear every day. I am excited to dress up again! I will miss my shoes though. I got a pair of Toms, and I loved them. They are so comfortable. I think I will be getting some more one day. They are kind of funny looking...but it is worth it!
I also did a little project for the nursery this weekend with a frame I already had, and some $1 flash cards. The room needed some more color.
And a huge thanks to those who have blogged about us and added our adoption blog button to their blog. We really appreciate it. I was thinking today how excited I am to have a story of how it happened. How she (the birth mom) will find us, or how we will find her, where I will be when we get the call. Pretty exciting stuff.
Well, enjoy the rest of your Sunday and have a lovely week!



Dude, don't feel bad. I've cried through staff meetings, in front of law school profs...you name it. I'm not sure why crying is such a bad thing, I wish it were more acceptable. Sorry you don't get to go on the trip. :(
ReplyDeleteno way! that's crazy you aren't going!! I totally would have cried too! Those kids are lucky to have you.
ReplyDeleteso are you going to be working at the office each day in the mean time? or no work at all?? Crazy crazy! Maybe we go take a drive in my new van. :) That might help you feel better. :)
Also, I'm totally loving the new flash card print! Such a fun and creative idea, girl! Super cute! I gotta get crackin' on your yellow and gray print! I'm such a slacker!! SORRY!!
lots of love,
melis
Umm, super cute room! You are making me feel like a slacker...maybe you should come over and take care of some decorating around here :)
ReplyDeleteOk...I'm going to try posting a comment again. I love your blog and I think the birth mother has found you! Yea!! or Yay! or Yaaaa! however you spell that word cause everyone spells it different, it all means something good, great, and wonderful. Love you both. Mom
ReplyDeleteAnd...Yea, Yay, or Yaaa! it let me post something. FINALLY!!!
ReplyDelete