Pages

7.18.2010

Bueno, no bueno.

We shall call this post Bueno, No Bueno. 
{And you thought I didn't know Spanish!}

Let's stat with something...bueno.

We got a big chunk of the nursery done last Saturday. I had already made a trip to Ikea and purchased the furniture, then Friday am before work we painted. Saturday our friend Tyler came over and put up the crown moulding with David...and seriously by the afternoon we had the current finished product. It is my new favorite room in the house!

{Let me just say it is super hard to get a good shot of this room.}

Before and during:



And the After:


It still needs touch ups, stuff on the wall, a chair, bedding, window treatments...
and oh, yeah...a baby. Ha. But we are doing good...still being very patient and know that someday it will happen.

And you can see we have a little collection starting of clothes {mostly from my sister Laura} and diapers.

So there you have it.


OK...moving on.

No Bueno.

My BFF Amber is leaving. She is moving back to Idaho. See more of her here, here and here. Amber moved here from Boise one year ago to finish her masters from St. Mary's. She is one smart cookie. I met her at work, and we think because we are both white and the same age, our students thought we must be best friends and have known each other forever. So we played along and not too long after we really were best friends. Now the time has come for her to move back and my heart is quite sad. But she is going back to a great boyfriend and I am hoping she lets me plan her weddings. Ha. But she will be missed. Everyday at work...and especially Tuesdays when she would come over for dinner, to do her laundry and watch TV. She said the we are the nicest, most normal Mormon's she has met, so all you Idaho Mormons...be good to her.We celebrated with some co-workers by going to Chili's and playing lazer quest. I was Smashley...and was 11th of 19. Not too shabby for my lazer tag skills. 



We saw this picture and had to laugh:



Look a little to the right and:



Ah...good times.

Oh, and some other bueno, no bueno's for you on this lovely Sunday-
-I am over the cricket take over here in San Antonio. This is crazy. They are all over the city, BUT luckily not at my house.
-My little nephew Jacob is having some health issues. Poor guy. If you can, please keep him in your prayers. 
-I am the only one living in this house that knows how to put the pillows back on the couches. I like to think it makes me the most talented adult here.
-I am getting a cold.
-We are planning a trip to Boston and will have a mini Rutgers reunion {I just dubbed it that} next month with my sister Laura, our Dad, and will hopefully travel to NY for a day or two to meet up with our brother Stephen. I.CANNOT.WAIT. My heart is seriously doing a happy dance.

Well...here is to a great week ahead!

7 comments:

  1. Love the room! Sorry about your friend; that's hard. The Rutgers reunion sounds like fun though!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ashley, I have been a little out of the blogging world and I am just catching up on what's going on in your life. Wow we have missed a lot. I wanted to say Tim and I are so excited for you guys and your choice to adopt. I hope it happens quickly for you. We know you two will be wonderful parents. It looks like you are having a great summer and have a lot of fun things planned. I think I read that you are coming to Utah over Labor Day? I hope we are able to see you while you are here. Love you guys!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. what an ADORABLE nursery. i love it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. The nursery looks so cute! I love it, the crown molding and colors look awesome! Sorry to hear your good friend is moving, but your trip to Boston sounds fun!

    ReplyDelete
  5. How cute is your nursery?! I love the colors and love, love, love the rug. Soon it will happy for you two. Have fun in Boston!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good job on the nursery. It looks great! I love all the baby diapers in the closet. too cute.

    ReplyDelete
  7. BUENO! I love all the fun pictures of the before and after shots! NICE work!!!
    Can't wait for your trip to Boston! So exciting!
    And, cool little button that gal made! I love it! I was just thinking this a.m. about spreading the word for you guys! That is great!

    ReplyDelete

My Blog List