I'm going to start backwards and lump the bad and ugly into one.
Last Friday I had a X-ray done of my ovaries and uterus. Why you ask? Here is the short answer. Basically to make sure all is OK...and because my Dr. told me to. I have had several x-rays, ultrasounds, CT scans...and I thought this would be easy like those. Piece of cake. Uh...more like a nasty rotten piece of cake! It definitely made the top five, maybe top 3, of un-pleasant medical procedures I have had done. I would even venture to say I have a high pain tolerance...so I am not just a baby! I swear! Events included waiting in a room with other people also only wearing robes, awkward positions, cramping, a catheter, injecting dye, more awkwardness, KILLER cramping and an anti-biotic makes me feel sick. I have also felt blah since Friday. {I know this is not as bad as child birth people. Just let me complain.} They did call me yesterday to let me know everything looked great! Which is good. I just hope I feel better by tomorrow. Later that day I went with some family and friends to see He's Just Not That Into You. I liked it. Very cute.
Now, for the good...
My dad just bought a ticket today to come see me! He will be here next weekend and I cant wait. I also remembered my cousin Mary is only 5 1/2 hours from me now and I can't wait to see her. David has tons of DJ gigs booked for the next couple months. And last...someone David knows through work GAVE him two 11th row tickets to the Spurs game for tomorrow night. The price on each ticket says $275! Tomorrow, I will wear my Spurs shirt and I WILL love basketball.
P.s. I just got off the phone with David. He bribed me with a new pair of shoes if I help him with his homework. Not to do it for him, just help find resources and all that. Its a 12 page paper. Due Thursday. I think I said yes. Help.
P.s. I just got off the phone with David. He bribed me with a new pair of shoes if I help him with his homework. Not to do it for him, just help find resources and all that. Its a 12 page paper. Due Thursday. I think I said yes. Help.
haha, I shouldn't have given David that idea. Sorry. I would even go to the Spurs and watch basketball which I DON'T like with seats like that. You are awesome and not a baby. I would hate to go through that. Good job.
ReplyDeleteI only started liking basketball once I went to a game. My friend took me in high school and we were so close, we sat by all the players families. It was fun!
ReplyDeleteI am sorry to hear about your procedure, but happy that all is well! I have no tolerance for pain, and as far as childbirth goes they have epiderals for that so it is semi-enjoyable.
oh you are too good of a wife to help that kid with a big paper like that. He's a lucky man.
ReplyDeleteBoo for the Spurs, sorry. We're die hard Jazz fans over here. So, we definitely don't support that event tomorrow. But, I'm sure you'll look fab. :)
And, I would hate 1)being in a room with other people in hospital robes (is that legal?) gag. 2)all the other stuff. Doesn't sound great/fun/rad at ALL.
Good job. You are a champ. Serioulsy, I'd hate that.
You made it and now you can go celebrate with those thugs on the basketball court. :)
lots of love.
sorry to hear about the yuckiness at the doc. i feel ya on that one. glad everything checks out alright.
ReplyDeleteand i am SUPER JEALOUS that you're going to the game, sitting 11th row. wow. have lots of fun on my behalf as well.
like you, i would take a bribe for shoes any day!!! heck, i do it at work when managers don't want to do paperwork and salesmen need someone to proof read their papers. i gain much from bribery. :)
Okay, you ever right to vent and yes that does not sound fun! Glad everything looks good! Have fun at the game!
ReplyDeletePoor you! It sounds WORSE than childbirth! Good luck with your paper!
ReplyDeleteAshley, what are you two doing for dinner on Sunday?? I know you do sometimes do dinner with David's family??? If you don't already have plans, you guys should come over for steak!
ReplyDeleteOh man, I'm so glad that Brock is finally into classes that I can't help him with now. Upper level physics and engineering seems like a different language to me. I helped Brock write SOOOO many papers before that I seriously felt like I should have received a degree from BYU too. LOL!
ReplyDeleteI'm so glad that all turned out well with your tests Ash. There are definitely some uncomfortable medical procedures out there and I'm so sorry that you had to experience some of them. : (
I am glad that everything looks great...you'll see 2009 is YOUR year!
ReplyDelete