Pages

1.07.2010

2010 word of the year.

I am not too big in new years resolutions. To me...I feel like I have more goals for my age year than I do for a calendar year.....like "this year, when I am 25 I want to do this"...or "dang, year 24 was not my favorite". However, I thought that I would come up with one word to describe what I want for 2010. Something I want to incorporate into my life. I am going to put it somewhere where I can see it and think about it everyday. I have thought about what my word will be for a couple days...and I have finally come up with it:


Delight- a high degree of gratification; something that gives great pleasure.

I mostly want to find delight

Delight in my job

Delight in my choices

Delight in my stage of life

Delight in what I spend my time doing. Especially my free time.

Delight with who I am...inside and out

Delight in my (potential) growth spiritually and intellectually

Delight in the scriptures

Delight with the little and simple things in life

Delight in my blessing that I have already been given, and ones yet to come

Delight in living in Texas

I also want others to feel delighted with my friendship, love and service


So...


Dear 2010,

I'm giving you the chance to be delightful...so don't go and screw it up!

Delightfully yours,

Ashley

5 comments:

  1. love it. thsi is a great one!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that word. Great way to live. I want to find delight this year with who I am inside and out. My big goal. We'll see how it goes.

    ReplyDelete
  3. ashley, you are so cute. i'm sad that i didn't see your facebook post on my wall or check my invites!! i hardly get on FB anymore. it would have been sooo nice to see you! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Ashley!!! Your blog is soo cute!!! I'm glad I found you! How are you doing? You look great! By the way, Kiehl's Lip Balm is the BEST! LOL... I work at Kiehl's with Nordstrom part-time.

    ReplyDelete
  5. great word.
    i love it.

    i might just try to use that word too, okay? good.

    here's to a delightful year, indeed!
    xoxo
    melis

    ReplyDelete

My Blog List