So we are back from our trip to California and Utah. We had a lot of fun. We saw lots of family, some friends and has a lot of laughs. I enjoyed 2 weeks off of work...and poor David never really stopped working. I need to download my pictures still....so I will try to get it all done by this weekend. But for now...you get this-
Ever since I can remember (Which is not saying much...I have a bad memory) our family has decorated the Rose Parade floats with my Grandma. When we were old enough we would spend the night at the parade site and watch it in the morning. I remember being bummed when I was still too little to stay the night. We had to go home and watch a Featured Film for Families movie. Even though Grammy is not here, my brother has done a great job of going every year. Every other year we go to California for Christmas, and the last couple times, to Utah. But one of these days I will make David stay for New years so we can go to the Rose Parade. Stephen lives in Washington DC for school but comes home every year to help. This year he was in charge of a float, and his school did an interview with him about it. He is actually going to Vancouver to do something with the Olympics for one of his classes too.
Good job brother!
Here we are Christmas Eve 09 in San Diego:

Here is the link if you want to read it.
So are you so jealous that he mentions ME in the article! lol Reading the article made me wish I could have been there even more. Next year I really want to go to decorate and to the parade. Kelsey wants to do it to. Logistics is the problem! I hope you had fun in Cali & Utah! I wish I was returning from a 2 week vacation. Seeing you on the beach is really making me jealous since it hasn't got above 25 degree's for a week here!
ReplyDeleteWow-that's pretty neat! It looks like you had a great time in Cali, we missed you here in Texas :)
ReplyDeleteso cool!!
ReplyDeletewhat a fun tradition!
and gotta love those feature family films... ahh, buttercream gang, bewitching of ben wagner. I love that those were part of your childhood too.
i knew we were kindred spirits.
xoxo
melis
Joe and I watched part of the parade on TV this year and thought of you. We'd like to join you there some year soon.
ReplyDelete