Pages

1.25.2010

It's Christmas all over agan...

Blogging about Christmas took a lot longer than I thought! It took multiple attempts...but at last I am finished!

We were gone for 2 weeks over the holidays. We did a lot and had a lot of fun. I will try to make this post as painless as possible. So...the highlights.

Up first...

California
  • Flew into San Diego. Watched 500 Days of Summer on the plane. I liked it.
  • Got our rental car...which took longer then I liked.
  • Went over Hotel Del Coronado with my dad and brother Stephen. They had the softest sand ever! We were going to see a play that night....and the time in between took FOREVER.
  • Spent the night at my dad's. David has never seen all my dad's books and....collectibles. So he enjoyed looking at his things with him. That was the first time David has been to my Dad's actually.
  • Spent time on Christmas with my mom, Poppa and Shirley.
  • Had a Christmas Celebration with my Dad at Laura's house. Jacob slobbered in my mouth. (I may look like an adopted sibling...but I'm not...ha)
  • Christmas dinner at my moms. Had fun with Jacob and Joseph. Told her baby in her belly to come out soon.
  • Went and saw Gabe, Holly and Reagan.
  • Laura had her cute baby James the morning after Christmas. I think I kissed Baby James' face 100+ times every time I saw him. I was missing him before I even said goodbye!
  • Had the chance to visit with Uncle Wayne, Aunt Kathleen, and cousins Tommy, and Michael.
  • Ate something and was sick for the next day and a half.
  • Got my hair done by Sheri.
  • Walked around Temecula and was freezing. I determined I was going to freeze in Utah.
  • Went to see Sherlock Holmes. Fell asleep. I really did not feel well.
  • Spent more time with family...
  • Ate at In N Out...twice.
  • Made our first electronics Craigslist purchase...a new TV for my Dad.
  • Went to the San Diego Car show
  • Drove to LA. Glad we don't have to make that drive often. Stayed with David's Aunt and Uncle...Gayla and Dave. Ate yummy Numero Uno Pizza. Met Chauncey (old friend from UT) at Diddy Reese for ice ream cookie sandwiches. After we drove around Bel Air and tried to find they playboy mansion. We made it but it was too dark and the walls were too high. On the opposite end of the spectrum....we also did a quick drive by the LA temple.
  • Flew from LAX to SLC!!!

Next stop...Utah!

  • Made it to David's business partners awesome house where we stayed. And borrowed their car. It was a fantastic set up. (They were out of town)
  • Set off the house alarm...cops came. Oops.
  • First things first...I went to Cafe Rio and Target for groceries, while David went with Joe to Ski. (I don't ski by the way. 2 years ago I went down the bunny slope once and was done. David laughs when people ask if I go with him.)
  • Had a New Years get together with Joe, Louise, Miriam, Chuck, Julie and Vivian. That was the first time we met Vivian. She is a doll. I would love to keep her.
  • David went skiing again...I drove to Tremonton to visit my cousins. Mary was even there!
  • Spent time with David's cousins on his mom's side.
  • Had a little Student Government Reunion Party. It was so great to see my old friends. We laughed harder that night then we have in a long time. So hard in fact I almost threw up. I felt sick on the way home from laughing so much.
  • David and Chuck made a yummy dinner at The Browne's. Our 2nd annual dinner of Beef Wellington. We invited our friends Josh and Rosie, and my Cousins Tim and Kim.
  • Went to Cafe Rio again.
  • Had yet another get together with David's cousins on his Dad's side. (Thanks Chuck and Julie for letting us use your place so much!)
  • I went to Down East Basics. It is a good thing I do not live closer to that store.
  • You know what...Utah was not as cold as I thought it would be!
  • Larry got pulled over on the way to their airport...but cop ran out of tickets. Funny...we started and ended our trip in Utah with a cop.
  • Almost missed our flight. The airport was a mess. I normally get bad anxiety when I fly. But I will give myself a gold star on this trip. I did very well at all the airports!
We had a lot of fun on that trip. I was sad to say goodbye to everyone we saw, because I'm not sure when we will make it up to Utah or to California again. I'm sure it wont be too long till I go back to California. David is on the 2 year schedule for CA visits. I am feeling a little blue lately though. There was so much hype around the holidays and fun things to look forward too....that now it seems like I don't have much going on. Except my dad coming to visit me in March....right dad?

6 comments:

  1. Ashley, You are so cute! It was so fun to read and catch up on what you two have been up to! It sounds like you both are doing well! I loved all your blog entries... you've given me motivation to find "delight" in things... I had to laugh at your story of walking around the house w/ a knife while on the phone w/ David... and him telling you how to hold it properly. SO funny! You guys are so fun! We sure miss ya!

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha why is david holding his fingers like a gun to your mom's head in the silly picture? I am sure it was just a coincidence. And why were you guys looking for the playboy mansion and trying to look over the walls? Did I read that wrong? lol I can't believe Laura had her baby the day after Christmas. She didn't even look that far along.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kristen-
    I was hoping no one would notice the gun thing! ha.

    We happened to be right by the mansion...so we decided to try to find it for fun. We were in our cars...never got out of the car. :) The houses were HUGE.

    Oh, and I know. My sister sure makes pregnancy look and sound easy! She was actually due the day before too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so glad I got to see you! It's always hard when the holidays and traveling are over. If you need somewhere to visit next, you know where to come! :) Love ya!

    ReplyDelete
  5. you've been busy, Ashley! Good job on putting up all your fun pictures! I love it!!
    And, where on earth did you find that GORGEOUS blue wool coat?! Oh my, you have some great threads, my friend. I love it.
    Looks like fun was had by all over the break! Good work on posting all of it! That is hard work!!!
    :)
    lots of love to you, cute girl.
    melis

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ashley,
    Another great job Ashley...and why did David look like he wanted to shoot me? As always you cheered me up as life has been really stressful for me. I'm wishing I could come visit. Keep up the good blogging! I love you...Mom

    ReplyDelete

My Blog List