Pages

4.25.2009

Quarter-life crisis.


Conversation with myself today: {in my head, not out loud...don't worry}

Sunday is my half birthday...yay!
So I will be 24 1/2.
Wait...that's not right. Cause that would mean I'm turning 25 this year.
I'm not that old am I?
Am I 23?
No, I'm 24...I'm almost 25!
{Anxiety sets in}
Now I know that 25 is not old by any means...but it just sounds so...adult-ish. I think I used to feel like I had accomplished a lot for my age. I was married, a college graduate, home owner and had a "real" job all by the time I was 23. I loved being 23. But now I will just be doing what all 25 year old's will be doing. Right? I just don't feel like I am an adult. Do you feel older when you have kids?

I'm sure I will get over it....I just don't know why it is kinda bothering me so much. I know that I still have a lot to look forward too and more to accomplish. And who knows...maybe 25 will be my lucky year! Well....here's to my last six months of being 24!

6 comments:

  1. Happy Half Birthday! I still tell myself I am 23! I am having a hard time that I will be closer to 30 this year. (Gasp!) I had a hard time just typing that! I hope 25 will be a great age for you too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had an issue with turning 25 because it hit me that I was now in my MID 20's. :) I don't feel old, but when I tell someone that I'm 25, I have a small freak out moment in my head.

    Happy half birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm with ya... turning 25 soon and thinking I will be officially "old." Haha. Oh well... happy 1/2 b day :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh, and this is erin... not jake

    ReplyDelete
  5. 25 is still a spring chick, but I remember thinking that. I can't wait to turn 30! I love getting older.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You are too funny! If you think your old how do you think I feel? If you are going to be 25 then I'm...hm,hm,hm I can't remember? Come to think of it I think once you get to 30 you loose track. I have to think how old Scott is and then count back a year. Really I don't think your that old if you still keep track of half birthdays...Lol I'm not even sure when my half birthday is?!!!LOl Just enjoy life right now being young because yes I think kids age you and give you gray hairs! Ask Scott he knows what I mean!!!Lol

    ReplyDelete

My Blog List